Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Magnetic properties of spinel-type oxides NiMn2-xMexO4
- Institut de Chimie de Rennes
- Universidad de Santiago
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- New materials, based on the well-known spinel compound NiMn 2O4, have been synthesized and characterized from the magnetic point of view. The manganese cation was partially substituted in the general formula NiMn2-xMexO4, by nonmagnetic and magnetic elements, such as Me = Ga, Zn, Ni and Cr (0 × 1). Prior to the determination of their magnetic properties, the non-substituted spinel NiMn2O4 was carefully characterized and studied as a function of the oxygen stoichiometry, based on the influence of the annealing atmosphere and quenching rate. The ferrimagnetic character was observed in all samples, with a paramagnetic-to-ferromagnetic transition temperature T c stabilized at 110 K, and well defined long-range antiferromagnetic interactions at lower temperatures, which depend on the applied field and the substitute concentration. © 2006 Sociedad Chilena de Química.
- Journal of the Chilean Chemical Society, v. 50, n. 3, p. 169-181, 2005.
- Ferrimagnetic properties
- Magnetic exchange
- Magnetic oxides
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.