Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Preparation, characterization and application of a nanostructured composite: Octakis(cyanopropyldimethylsiloxy)octasilsesquioxane
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Octakis(cyanopropyldimethylsiloxy)octasilsesquioxane was prepared and characterized by C-13, Si-29 NMR (MAS), SEM, FF-IR, XRD and thermogravimetric techniques. The four groups alpha, beta, gamma, kappa (to the terminal silicon atom), associated with an acrylonitrile, were clearly seen in the C-13 NMR (alpha-CH2 at 17.9; P-CH2 at 31.3; gamma-CH, at 50.4; K-C N at 59.0 ppm). The Si-29 NMR spectrum of the final product, exhibits only Q type silicon signal, ascribed to Q(4) (-118.0 ppm). The presence of acrylonittile substituted for octameric cube confers a relative change phase and thermal stability to the material. With regard to the applications for this new material, it was intended, in this case, to react with Na-2[Fe(CN)(5)NH3] by chemical substitution. This composite was incorporated into a carbon paste electrode and the electrochemical studies were performed by cyclic voltammetry. The cyclic voltammogram of the modified graphite paste electrode, showed one redox couples with formal potential (E-1/2(ox)) = 0.24 V versus SCE. (c) 2006 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Applied Surface Science. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 253, n. 7, p. 3683-3689, 2007.
- Elsevier B.V.
- sodium amminepentacyanoferrate
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.