Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Avrami exponent of crystallization in tellurite glasses
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do Tocantins (UFT)
- Nucleation process and crystal growth for three samples of the (20-x)Li(2)O-80TeO(2)-xWO(3) glass system were studied using X-ray diffraction and differential scanning calorimetry techniques. X-ray diffraction data confirmed the amorphous characteristic of the as-quenched samples and indicated the growth of crystalline phases formed due to the thermal treatment for annealed samples. These results reveal the presence of three distinct gamma-TeO(2), alpha-TeO(2) and alpha-Li(2)Te(2)O(5) crystalline phases in the TL sample, and two distinct alpha-TeO(2) and gamma-TeO(2) crystalline phases in the TLW5 and TLW10 samples. The activation energy and the Avrami exponent were determined from DSC measurements. The activation energy values X-ray diffraction data of the TLW10 glass sample suggest that gamma-TeO(2) phase occur before the alpha-TeO(2). The results obtained for the Avrami exponent point to that the nucleation process is volumetric and that the crystal growth is two or three-dimensional.
- Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry. Dordrecht: Springer, v. 106, n. 2, p. 613-618, 2011.
- Tellurite glasses
- Activation energy
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.