Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- 4-amine-2-mercaptopyrimidine modified silica gel applied in Cd(II) and Pb(II) extraction from an aqueous medium
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Dept Fitotecnia & Tecnol Alimentos
- Dept Quim Analit
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 06/54946-9
- This paper discusses silica surface modification by a process involving a two-step reaction: anchoring of a silylating agent, followed by an attachment of a 4-amino-2-mercaptopyrimidine molecule. The modified material (Si-BP) was successfully characterized by the FTIR spectra, which revealed amine absorption bands, and through (13)C and (29)Si NMR spectra, which confirm the proposed structure of the modified silica (Si-BP). Si-BP was used to extract cadmium and lead from an aqueous medium at 298 K. The Si-BP kinetics towards metal ions was very fast, i.e., about 10 minutes, although extraction was significantly impaired at pH 3. The series of adsorption isotherms were adjusted to a modified Langmuir equation and the maximum extraction capacity was 0.193 and 0.387 mmol g(-1) for Cd(II) and Pb(II), respectively. An analysis of the empty set values lead to the inference that the resulting metal ligand complex was type 1:1.
- Polish Journal of Chemical Technology. Warsaw: Versita, v. 12, n. 1, p. 7-11, 2010.
- metal extraction
- aqueous medium
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.