Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Preconcentration and determination of Cu(II) in a fresh water sample using modified silica gel as a solid-phase extraction adsorbent
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul (UFMS)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 06/54946-9
- A method was developed to attach 4-amino-2-mercaptopyrimidine (AMP) onto silica gel surface and to determine trace metals. The Surface functionalization reaction was performed with a silylant agent, chloropropyltrimethoxysilane (Si-CPTS), and the product, Si-AMP, was characterized by FT-IR and elemental analysis to evaluate the Surface modification. The functionalized silica was applied in the sorption of Cu(II) ions from an aqueous medium. The series of adsorption isotherms were adjusted to a modified Langmuir equation and the maximum number of moles of adsorbed copper was 0.447 mmol g(-1). The modified material was placed in a preconcentration system, where it reached ail approximately 20-fold enrichment factor using 5 mg of Si-AMP. The proposed method was applied in the preconcentration and determination of Cu(II) in a fresh water sample from the Parana river and was validated through a comparative analysis of a standard reference material (1643 e). (C) 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Hazardous Materials. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 175, n. 1-3, p. 399-403, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Modified silica
- Aqueous medium
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.