Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- New Terahertz Laser Lines From (13)CD(3)OH Pumped by Regular and Hot Bands CO(2) Laser
- Università di Pisa
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We have used our new pulsed CO(2) laser, operating both on regular and hot bands, to excite the (13)CD(3)OH methanol isotopomer. This has lead to the observation of 13 new high-threshold far-infrared laser emissions (also identified as terahertz laser lines), with frequencies in the range between 24.11 and 102.56 cm(-1) (0.72-3.07 THz). The absorption transitions leading to these new FIR laser emissions have been located by observing the optoacoustic absorption spectra around the CO(2) emissions. Here, we present these new far-infrared laser lines, characterized in wavelength, polarization, offset relative to the center of the pumping CO(2) laser transition, relative intensity, and optimum operation pressure.
- IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics. Piscataway: IEEE-Inst Electrical Electronics Engineers Inc, v. 44, n. 11-12, p. 1104-1106, 2008.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- (13)CD(3) OH
- far-infrared lasers
- terahertz lasers
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.