Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Preparation and Characterization of Ti-15Mo Alloy used as Biomaterial
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- With the increase in life expectancy, biomaterials have become an increasingly important focus of research because they are used to replace parts and functions of the human body, thus contributing to improved quality of life. In the development of new biomaterials, the Ti-15Mo alloy is particularly significant. In this study, the Ti-15Mo alloy was produced using an arc-melting furnace and then characterized by density, X-ray diffraction, optical microscopy, hardness and dynamic elasticity modulus measurements, and cytotoxicity tests. The microstructure was obtained with beta predominance. Microhardness, elasticity modulus, and cytotoxicity testing results showed that this material has great potential for use as biomaterial, mainly in orthopedic applications.
- Materials Research-ibero-american Journal of Materials. São Carlos: Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar), Dept Engenharia Materials, v. 14, n. 1, p. 107-112, 2011.
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar), Dept Engenharia Materials
- Ti-Mo alloys
- elasticity modulus
- vacuum melting
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.