Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Dosimetric properties of UV irradiated calcium co-doped borate glass-ceramic
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The thermoluminescence (TL) response of Dy and Li doped 20CaB(4)O(7)-80CaB(2)O(4) (Wt%) glass-ceramic irradiated with ultraviolet (UV) radiation was studied. In order to act as TL activator ions, the Dy and Li ions were included in the matrix during the melting process to increase its TL efficiency. A single crystalline CaB2O4 phase was present in the glass-ceramic as determined by X-ray diffraction (XRD). The glass-ceramic 20CaB(4)O(7)-80CaB(2)O(4):Dy,Li wt% (named 20CBO7:Dy,Li) is a newly prepared TL material. Its thermoluminescent dosimetric characteristics have shown a linear response under UV radiation exposure and a good TL signal reproducibility, thus proving to be a promising material for using as an ultraviolet radiation dosimeter. (C) 2007 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Nuclear Instruments & Methods In Physics Research Section B-beam Interactions With Materials and Atoms. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 266, n. 4, p. 653-657, 2008.
- Elsevier B.V.
- UV dosimetry
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.