Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Crossover between macroscopic and mesoscopic regimes of vortex interactions in type-II superconductors
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Norwegian Acad Sci & Letters
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- In the present work we report the existence of a crossover between the macroscopic and mesoscopic regimes of vortex interactions in type-II superconductors. Our findings rely on a systematic procedure to determine this crossover, which is based on the influence of the surface on the vortex structure of small superconductors. An adjacent result that we have found is that near this regime transformation, the vortex lattice develops a progressive change of symmetry, from square to hexagonal, which is intimately related to the meso-to-macro crossover. Our numerical simulations have been done for a long superconducting cylinder of square cross section for a wide range of length scales and temperatures.
- Physical Review B. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 85, n. 21, p. 7, 2012.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.