Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Monte Carlo thermodynamic and structural properties of the TIP4P water model: dependence on the computational conditions
- Cordeiro, João Manuel Marques
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Classical Monte Carlo simulations were carried out on the NPT ensemble at 25°C and 1 atm, aiming to investigate the ability of the TIP4P water model [Jorgensen, Chandrasekhar, Madura, Impey and Klein; J. Chem. Phys., 79 (1983) 926] to reproduce the newest structural picture of liquid water. The results were compared with recent neutron diffraction data [Soper; Bruni and Ricci; J. Chem. Phys., 106 (1997) 247]. The influence of the computational conditions on the thermodynamic and structural results obtained with this model was also analyzed. The findings were compared with the original ones from Jorgensen et al [above-cited reference plus Mol. Phys., 56 (1985) 1381]. It is notice that the thermodynamic results are dependent on the boundary conditions used, whereas the usual radial distribution functions g(O/O(r)) and g(O/H(r)) do not depend on them.
- Química Nova. Sociedade Brasileira de Química, v. 21, n. 6, p. 698-701, 1998.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Química
- Monte Carlo simulation
- TIP4P water model
- radial distribution function
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.