Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Sociedade da Informação: avanços e retrocessos no acesso e no uso da informação
- Society of the Information: advances and retrocessions in the access and the use of the information
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- The Information Society (IS) may be taken as a geopolitical organization which started after the Third Industrial Revolution, having direct impact on the use of information and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). The expression arose as techno-social paradigm change in the post-industrial society, aiming to use information as currency to the society-in-progress at that time. In Brazil it has become stronger with the Programa Sociedade da Informação no Brasil-Livro Verde, lunched by the Ministerio da Ciência e Tecnologia, in September 2000 without any discussion with the civil society to formulate the main document. Our main goal in this article is to discuss the Information Society in contemporary times, and also the organized and conscious use of information, looking for key-concepts to a better understanding of it, from some topics as digital inclusion-exclusion to the use of digital informational resources.
- Informação & Sociedade: estudos. João Pessoa: Universidade Federal da Paraíba (UFPB), v. 19, n. 1, p. 45-55, 2009.
- Universidade Federal da Paraíba (UFPB)
- Information Society
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Digital inclusion
- Technology and information
- Information transfer
- Digital culture
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.