Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Caracterização molecular de isolados de Flavobacterium columnare de tilapia do nilo e piracanjuba por meio de RAPD-PCR
- Molecular characterization of Flavobacterium columnare isolates from nile tilapia and piracanjuba by RAPD-PCR
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Flavobacterium columnare is a cosmopolite bacteria and it is one of the main problem in Brazilian aquaculture, causing high mortalities index and economic damage. The main factors that contribute to columnaris disease are inadequate water quality, excess handling, high density of fish and temperature variations. For a successful epidemiological study and disease control, it is essential to differentiate the F. columnare from other yellow pigmentation bacteria. The present study used molecular techniques to characterize, by RAPD-PCR, two strains of F. columnare isolated from Oreochromis niloticus and Brycon orbignyanus. Data were analyzed as binary (0 and 1) and a genetic similarity matrix was generated by Jaccard's coefficient. Cluster analysis was performed by the neighbor joining method. The RAPD-PCR technique confirmed to be a usefull tool to obtain genetic profiles from F. columnare isolates based on the oligonucleotides used and to verify genetic similarity.
- Boletim do Instituto de Pesca. São Paulo: Inst Pesca, v. 36, n. 4, p. 325-331, 2010.
- Inst Pesca
- Oreochromis niloticus
- Brycon orbignyanus
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.