Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Skin diseases reported by workers from UNESP campus at Rubiao Jr, Botucatu-SP (Brazil)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 12/07017-3
- There are few populational studies to estimate the dimension of dermatological diseases. We performed a survey with 515 employees from UNESP campus, Botucatu (SP), exploring demographic data, medical appointments and dermatological diagnoses. Additionally, we induced questions about prevalent diseases. Appointments to the dermatologist were reported by 77% of subjects. The main dermatoses spontaneously reported were mycoses, allergies, nevi and viral warts. There were association of juvenile acne and males (OR=2.3), melasma and females (OR=8.0), and onychomycosis with older age (OR=1.05). Surveys are important to know the demand for dermatology care, besides directing formulation of public health policy and medical education.
- Anais Brasileiros De Dermatologia. Rio De Janeiro Rj: Soc Brasileira Dermatologia, v. 89, n. 3, p. 529-531, 2014.
- Soc Brasileira Dermatologia
- Acne vulgaris
- Nail diseases
- Skin diseases
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.