Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Endovascular Treatment of Late Aortic Perforation due to Vena Cava Filter
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Augusta Hosp & Catholic Clin
- Perforation of inferior vena cava (IVC) by filter struts ranges from 9% to 24%, and clinical sequelae and complications are unpredictable. The aim of this article was to report an unusual case of late complication of IVC filter that caused an IVC wall perforation and penetration of the filter's hooks in the aorta, which was treated by endovascular procedure. Molding strut tip by balloon angioplasty, its accommodation with a bare stent, and its coverage and protection with an endoprosthesis is probably the first technique reported so far in this situation.
- Annals of Vascular Surgery. New York: Elsevier B.V., v. 26, n. 6, p. 4, 2012.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.