Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Another record of pennella instructa (copepoda, pennellidae) parasitizing swordfish xiphias gladius in the south atlantic, after 20 years ago
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do Amazonas (UFAM)
- The species of the genus Pennella are highly modified copepods that have been found parasitizing several species of fishes in Atlantic waters. Although these parasites have been recorded several times in the Atlantic Ocean, little is known about them in South Atlantic waters, except for one report published 20 years ago. The present contribution reports the occurrence of Pennella instructa Wilson, 1917 parasitizing the swordfish Xiphias gladius Linnaeus, 1758 in the South Atlantic. The prevalence of infestation was 15.6% and the mean intensity of infestation was 1.6, ranging from 1 to 3.
- Boletim do Instituto de Pesca. São Paulo: Inst Pesca, v. 40, n. 1, p. 105-109, 2014.
- Inst Pesca
- Xiphiidae host
- Brazilian coast
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.