Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Pharmaceutical applications of AC Biosusceptometry
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- AC Biosusceptometry offers an alternative to investigate noninvasively and without ionizing radiation the behavior of solid dosage forms in vitro and in the human gastrointestinal tract. This versatility allowed applying this technique in a wide field ranging from characterization of the disintegration process to elucidation of how the physiological parameters can interfere with pharmaceutical processes. It is increasingly important to understand how oral solid dosage forms behave in the human gastrointestinal tract. Once labelled, magnetic dosage forms provide ail excellent opportunity to investigate complexes' interactions between dosage form and gastrointestinal physiology. In this paper, basic principles of this biomagnetic instrumentation and of the quantification based on magnetic images are reviewed. Also will be presented are some of the most recent applications of AC Biosusceptometry in the pharmaceutical research including oesophageal transit, gastric emptying and transit time of multiparticulate dosage forms, hydrophilic matrices and disintegration of tablets. (C) 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 74, n. 1, p. 67-77, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Solid dosage forms
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.