Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Prevalence of obesity and relationship wit body mass index and symptoms of asthma in adolescents
- Faculdade Santa Maria
- Faculdade de Medicina do ABC (FMABC)
- Universidade Cruzeiro do Sul
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de Franca (UNIFRAN)
- To investigate the relationship between Body Mass Index (BMI) and asthma symptoms in adolescents between 13 and 14 years, to estimate the prevalence of obesity in this age group. This is a crosssectional study with a quantitative approach which was rated the Body Mass Index (BMI) and applied the Questionnaire International Study of asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC) phase III (asthma module) to determine the prevalence of asthma and related symptoms, as well as its severity in 85teenagers. According to the assessment of asthma in relation to BMI, it was found that there were significant findings, as well as in males and females. However, the association between BMI and asthma symptoms, there was a significant association to present as disturbed sleep and impaired speech. Conclusions: In this sample the prevalence of obesity was low, this fact may have contributed to the nonsignificant findings betweenasthma and BMI.
- HealthMED, v. 8, n. 10, p. 1151-1156, 2014.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.