Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Emerging powers, humanitarian assistance and foreign policy: the case of Brazil during the earthquake crisis in Haiti
- Aguilar, Sérgio Luiz Cruz
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- During the management of the crisis after the earthquake occurred in Haiti in 12 January 2010, Brazil played an important role on the efforts of humanitarian assistance. Based on bibliography and documents the paper presents the role played by Brazil with the focus on the humanitarian assistance as part of country’ foreign policy as an emerging power to increase the presence into the international system. To achieve this goal the article presents some considerations about emerging powers, foreign policy and theoretical concepts about humanitarian assistance and international relations, the extension of the earthquake in Haiti and the actions performed by Brazil during the response phase of the crisis management.
- International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, v. 2, n. 19, p. 93-101, 2012.
- United Nations
- Humanitarian Assistance
- Crisis Management
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.