Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Oro-genital lichen planus: Report of two cases
- Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Lichen planus is a common mucocutaneous disease. However, lichen planus with concomitant oral and genital involvement is a rare condition that requires multidisciplinary intervention for appropriate diagnosis. In this study, we reported two cases of oro-genital lichen planus in a man and a woman. Analyses of oral and genital lesions were clinically and histopathologically compatible with lichen planus. This description highlights the importance of patients presenting oral lichen planus be routinely required to undergo further medical examination in order to investigate putative genital mucosal involvement. These lesions have the potential to progress to neoplasia. Therefore, medical and dentistry professionals should be aware of this condition. (c) 2007 Elsevier B.V. All fights reserved.
- Maturitas. Clare: Elsevier B.V., v. 59, n. 2, p. 201-205, 2008.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Lichen planus
- oral cavity
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.