Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Some remarks on the attractor behaviour in ELKO cosmology
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- CNPq: 477872/2010-7
- CNPq: 482043/2011-3
- CNPq: 308623/2012-6
- Recent results on the dynamical stability of a system involving the interaction of the ELKO spinor field with standard matter in the universe have been reanalysed, and the conclusion is that such system does not exhibit isolated stable points that could alleviate the cosmic coincidence problem. When a constant parameter delta related to the potential of the ELKO field is introduced in the system however, stable fixed points are found for some specific types of interaction between the ELKO field and matter. Although the parameter delta is related to an unknown potential, in order to satisfy the stability conditions and also that the fixed points are real, the range of the constant parameter delta can be constrained for the present time and the coincidence problem can be alleviated for some specific interactions. Such restriction on the ELKO potential opens possibility to apply the ELKO field as a candidate to dark energy in the universe, and so explain the present phase of acceleration of the universe through the decay of the ELKO field into matter.
- Journal Of Cosmology And Astroparticle Physics. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, n. 8, 15 p., 2014.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- dark matter theory
- cosmology of theories beyond the SM
- dark energy theory
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.