Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- An integrable deformation of the AdS(5) x S-5 superstring
- Swansea Univ
- Univ Santiago Compostela
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- STFC grant
- Spanish Consolider-Ingenio Programme CPAN
- Xunta de Galicia
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- STFC grantST/G000506/1
- Spanish Consolider-Ingenio Programme CPANCSD2007-00042
- Xunta de GaliciaGRC2013-024
- FAPESP: 13/23328-1
- The S-matrix on the world-sheet theory of the string in AdS(5) x S-5 has previously been shown to admit a deformation where the symmetry algebra is replaced by the associated quantum group. The case where q is real has been identified as a particular deformation of the Green-Schwarz sigma model. An interpretation of the case with q a root of unity has, until now, been lacking. We show that the Green-Schwarz sigma model admits a discrete deformation which can be viewed as a rather simple deformation of the F/F-V gauged WZW model, where F = PSU(2, 2 vertical bar 4). The deformation parameter q is then a kth root of unity where k is the level. The deformed theory has the same equations-of-motion as the Green-Schwarz sigma model but has a different symplectic structure. We show that the resulting theory is integrable and has just the right amount of kappa-symmetries that appear as a remnant of the fermionic part of the original gauge symmetry. This points to the existence of a fully consistent deformed string background.
- Journal Of Physics A-mathematical And Theoretical. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 47, n. 49, 18 p., 2014.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- string theory
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.