Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Hawking radiation from Elko particles tunnelling across black-strings horizon
- Universidade Federal do ABC (UFABC)
- Int Sch Adv Studies SISSA
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- CNPq: 303027/2012-6
- CNPq: 473326/2013-2
- We apply the tunnelling method for the emission and absorption of Elko particles in the event horizon of a black-string solution. We show that Elko particles are emitted at the expected Hawking temperature from black strings, but with a quite different signature with respect to the Dirac particles. We employ the Hamilton-Jacobi technique to black-hole tunnelling, by applying the WKB approximation to the coupled system of Dirac-like equations governing the Elko particle dynamics. As a typical signature, different Elko particles are shown to produce the same standard Hawking temperature for black strings. However, we prove that they present the same probability irrespectively of outgoing or ingoing the black-hole horizon. This provides a typical signature for mass-dimension-one fermions, that is different from the mass-dimension-three halves fermions inherent to Dirac particles, as different Dirac spinor fields have distinct inward and outward probability of tunnelling. Copyright (C) EPLA, 2014
- Epl. Mulhouse: Epl Association, European Physical Society, v. 107, n. 5, 5 p., 2014.
- Epl Association, European Physical Society
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.