Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Effect of inter-adatoms correlations on the local density of states of graphene
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Nanyang Technol Univ
- Universidade Federal de Uberlândia (UFU)
- Univ Iceland
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de Minas Gerais (FAPEMIG)
- FP7 IRSES project SPINMET
- FP7 IRSES project QOCaN
- We discuss theoretically the local density of states (LDOS) of a graphene sheet hosting two distant adatoms located at the center of hexagonal cells. By putting laterally a scanning tunneling microscope (STM) tip over a carbon atom, two remarkable novel effects can be detected: i) a multilevel structure in the LDOS and ii) beating patterns in the induced LDOS. We show that both phenomena occur nearby the Dirac points and are highly anisotropic. Furthermore, we propose conductance experiments employing STM as a probe for the observation of such exotic manifestations in the LDOS of graphene induced by inter-adatoms correlations. Copyright (C) EPLA, 2014
- Epl. Mulhouse: Epl Association, European Physical Society, v. 108, n. 4, 5 p., 2014.
- Epl Association, European Physical Society
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.