Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Bone marrow necrosis related to paracoccidioidomycosis: the first eight cases identified at autopsy
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- To report the first eight bone marrow necrosis (BMN) cases related to paracoccidioidomycosis (PCM) from patient autopsies with well-documented bone marrow (BM) histology and cytology.A retrospective evaluation was performed on BM specimens from eight autopsied patients from Botucatu University Hospital with PCM-related BMN. Relevant BMN literature was searched and analysed.All eight patients had acute PCM. Six had histological only (biopsies) and two cytological only (smears) specimens. Five biopsy specimens revealed severe and one mild coagulation patterned necrotic areas. Five had osteonecrosis. The cytological specimens also showed typical BMN patterns. Paracoccidioides brasiliensis yeast forms were visible within necrotic areas in all cases.
- Histopathology. Malden: Wiley-blackwell Publishing, Inc, v. 54, n. 4, p. 486-489, 2009.
- Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Inc
- bone marrow
- bone marrow necrosis
- coagulation necrosis
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.