Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Development of phantom for radiographic image optimization of standard patient in the lateral view of chest and skull examination
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- We present the construction of a homogeneous phantom to be used in simulating the scattering and absorption of X-rays by a standard patient chest and skull when irradiated laterally. This phantom consisted of Incite and aluminium plates with their thickness determined by a tomographic exploratory method applied to the anthropomorphic phantom. Using this phantom, an optimized radiographic technique was established for chest and skull of standard sized patient in lateral view. Images generated with this optimized technique demonstrated improved image quality and reduced radiation doses. (c) 2006 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Applied Radiation and Isotopes. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V., v. 64, n. 12, p. 1623-1630, 2006.
- Elsevier B.V.
- homogeneous phantom
- lateral view examination
- optimized techniques
- quality image
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.