Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Maturation and growth curves of Macrobrachium Carcinus (Linnaeus) (Crustacea, Decapoda, Palaemonidae) from Ribeira de Iguape River, southern Brazil
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Instituto de Pesca Seção de Aquicultura
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- In this paper, female Macrobrachium carcinus (Linnaeus, 1758) maturation curve, weight/length relationship, length and weight growth curves were studied. Prawns were captured, by traps, in Ribeira de Iguape river (24ºS and 47ºW), southern Brazil. There were used 207 females. It was observed that M. carcinus presents several spawnings during its life cycle and reproductive period goes on, at least till six years old. Weight/length relationship can be represented for the equation W = 8.73 E-3 L3.28. Expressions obtained for length and weight growth curves are Lt = 21 .0 (1-e-0493t) and Wt= 190 (1-e-0493t)3.28. respectively. A symptotic maximum length and asymptotic maximum weight are nearly attained at six and eight years old, respectively.
- Revista Brasileira de Zoologia. Sociedade Brasileira de Zoologia, v. 11, n. 4, p. 649-658, 1994.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Zoologia
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.