Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Unusual C,O-fused glycosylapigenins from Serjania marginata leaves
- Universidad de Cádiz
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- FAPESP 2009/52237-9
- FAPESP 2011/08880-4
- CAPES 17995/12-4
- A phytochemical study of a Serjania marginata leaf extract with antiulcer activity afforded 15 compounds, including the new 3-O-α-l-arabinopyranosyl(1→3)-α-l-rhamnopyranosyl(1→2)[β-d-glucopyranosyl(1→4)]-α-l-arabinopyranosyloleanolic acid (1) and 7,5″-anhydroapigenin 8-C-α-(2,6-dideoxy-5-hydroxy-ribo-hexopyranosyl)-4′-O-β-d-glucopyranoside (4). The structures of the new compounds were determined by spectroscopic analysis, including 1D and 2D NMR techniques, mass spectrometry, and chemical methods. Compound 4 is a C-hexopyranosylapigenin with an unusual cyclic ether linkage between C-5″ and C-7 of apigenin. The isolated proanthocyanidins have high antioxidant activities, and these compounds are probably responsible for the gastroprotective effect of the extract.
- Journal of Natural Products, v. 78, n. 1, p. 77-84, 2014.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.