Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Equações de Predição das Exigências de Proteína Bruta para Matrizes Pesadas em Crescimento
- Prediction equations for crude protein requirements for broiler breeder pullets
- Universidade Federal de Goiás (UFG)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The objective of this work was to determine the crude protein requirements for broiler breeder pullets, using the factorial method. The protein requirements for maintenance were obtained by comparative slaughter technique and also by nitrogen balance technique, as usual. In the case of comparative slaughter technique we have examined the nitrogen retained as function of different nitrogen intake levels (ad libitum, 54, 24 and 19% of the ad libitum). For the nitrogen balance technique it has been investigated the nitrogen balance as function of nitrogen intake, at different protein levels (16, 10 6 and 3% CP). The results obtained were 3.77 and 2.02 CP/kg(0.75)/day for comparative slaughter and nitrogen balance techniques, respectively. The protein requirements for weight gain were achieved by weekly following the nitrogen level in the body, during the period from 3 to 20 weeks of age. The results were 350, 406 and 463 mg of CP/g of gain in the phases of 3 to 8, 9 to 14 and 15 to 20 weeks, respectively.
- Revista Brasileira de Zootecnia-Brazilian Journal of Animal Science. Vicosa-mg: Revista Brasileira Zootecnia Brazilian Journal Animal Sci, v. 29, n. 6, p. 2308-2315, 2000.
- Revista Brasileira Zootecnia Brazilian Journal Animal Sci
- comparative slaughter
- factorial method
- Nitrogen balance
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.