Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Effect of digitization parameters on periapical radiographic image quality with regard to anatomic landmarks
- Efeitos dos parâmetros de digitalização na qualidade da imagem radiográfica periapical com relação a reparos anatômicos
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of digitization parameters on periapical radiographic image quality, with regard to anatomic landmarks. Digitized images (n = 160) were obtained using a flatbed scanner with resolutions of 300, 600 and 2400 dpi. The radiographs of 2400 dpi were decreased to 300 and 600 dpi before storage. Digitizations were performed with and without black masking using 8-bit and 16-bit grayscale and saved in TIFF format. Four anatomic landmarks were classified by two observers (very good, good, moderate, regular, poor), in two random sessions. Intraobserver and interobserver agreements were evaluated by Kappa statistics. Inter and intraobserver agreements ranged according to the anatomic landmarks and resolution used. The results obtained demonstrated that the cement enamel junction was the anatomic landmark that presented the poorest concordance. The use of black masking provided better results in the digitized image. The use of a mask to cover radiographs during digitization is necessary. Therefore, the concordance ranged from regular to moderate for the intraobserver evaluation and concordance ranged from regular to poor for interobserver evaluation.
- Revista de Odontologia da UNESP, v. 40, n. 1, p. 25-29, 2011.
- Radiographic image enhancement
- Image processing
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.