Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Thermal and structural properties of commercial dental resins light-cured with blue emitting diodes (LEDs)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Programa de Apoio a Núcleos de Excelência/Financiadora de Estudos e Projetos (PRONEX/FINEP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- We have investigated the thermal and structural properties of different commercial dental resins: FiltekTM Z-350, Grandio®, Tetric Ceram®, and TPH Spectrum®. The purpose of the present study was to evaluate quantitatively the photo-polymerization behavior and the effect of filler contents on the kinetic cures of the dental resins by using Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) and Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FT-IR) techniques. We have successfully obtained the low and high glass transition T g values of the dental composite resins from DSC curves. It was also observed a good agreement between the both T g values, activation energies from thermal degradation, and the degree of conversion obtained for all samples. The results have shown that Tetric Ceram® dental resin presented the higher T g values, activation energy of 215 ± 6 KJ mol−1, and the higher degree of conversion (63%) when compared to the other resins studied herein.
- Journal of Thermal Analysis, v. 99, n. 1, p. 263-268, 2010.
- Dental resins
- Thermal analysis
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.