Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Gaiotto duality for the twisted A(2N-1) series
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Texas Austin
- Univ Tokyo
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- National Science Foundation
- United States-Israel Binational Science Foundation
- World Premier International Research Center Initiative (WPI Initiative), MEXT, Japan through the Institute for the Physics and Mathematics of the Universe
- University of Tokyo
- National Science Foundation: PHY-0969020
- United States-Israel Binational Science Foundation: 2006157
- We study 4D N = 2 superconformal theories that arise from the compactification of 6D N = (2, 0) theories of type A(2N-1) on a Riemann surface C, in the presence of punctures twisted by a Z(2) outer automorphism. We describe how to do a complete classification of these SCFTs in terms of three-punctured spheres and cylinders, which we do explicitly for A(3), and provide tables of properties of twisted defects up through A(9). We find atypical degenerations of Riemann surfaces that do not lead to weakly-coupled gauge groups, but to a gauge coupling pinned at a point in the interior of moduli space.As applications, we study: i) 6D representations of 4D superconformal quivers in the shape of an affine/non-affine D-n Dynkin diagram, ii) S-duality of SU(4) and Sp(2) gauge theories with various combinations of fundamental and antisymmetric matter, and iii) realizations of all rank-one SCFTs predicted by Argyres and Wittig.
- Journal Of High Energy Physics. New York: Springer, n. 5, p. 1-68, 2015.
- Supersymmetric gauge theory
- Supersymmetry and Duality
- Extended Supersymmetry
- Duality in Gauge Field Theories
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.