Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- NIRS and iSPA-PLS for predicting total anthocyanin content in jaboticaba fruit
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Pró-Reitoria de Pesquisa da Universidade de São Paulo
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- CNPq: 070/2012
- FAPERN: 005/2012
- Pro-Reitoria de Pesquisa da Universidade de São Paulo: 10.1.25403.1.1
- Pró-Reitoria de Pesquisa da Universidade de Sao Paulo: 2011.1.6858.1.8
- FAPESP: 2008/51408-1
- CNPq: 477386/2011-3
- The aim of this study was to evaluate the potential of the successive projection algorithm for interval selection in partial least squares (iSPA-PLS) together with near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy (NIRS) as a feasible method to determine the total anthocyanin content (TAC) of intact jaboticaba fruit [Myrciaria jaboticaba (Vell.) O. Berg]. A total of 579 jaboticaba fruit were collected in three different harvests in three separate years (2011 and 2013). The correlation coefficients between the predicted and measured TAC were between 0.65 and 0.89, the RMSEPs were 7.55 g kg(-1) and 9.35 g kg(-1) (good accuracy) for prediction set, respectively. The RPD ratios for TAC were in the range of 2.57-3.19 with iSPA-PLS, which showed better predictive performance (acceptable precision). These results suggest that the NIR spectroscopy and wavelength selection (iSPA-PLS) algorithm can be used to determine the TAC of intact jaboticaba fruit. (C) 2014 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Food Chemistry. Oxford: Elsevier Sci Ltd, v. 174, p. 643-648, 2015.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Wavelength selection
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.