Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Nutrient accumulation curves in fruits and nutrient export by seeds and hulls harvesting of physic nut (Jatropha curcas L.)
- Universidade Federal de Campina Grande (UFCG)
- Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária (EMBRAPA)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual da Paraíba (UEPB)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- PNPD scholarship
- There is little information on the nutritional management of physic nut (Jatropha curcas L.). This study aimed to measure the nutrients accumulation during the growth of fruits in physic nut and the nutrients export from the area due to seed harvest and hull removal. Fruits were harvested at different times (11, 19, 27, 35, 43, 51, and 59 days after anthesis), in a completely randomized design with four replications. Nutrient content was measured in the whole fruit and in the hull and seed separately. Nutrients accumulate in the fruit during its growth. Nitrogen is the nutrient accumulated in the greatest amount, followed by potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and sulfur. For the micronutrients, their content decreased in order of: zinc, manganese, copper, and iron. There was a high demand for Ca, Mg, Cu, Zn, and Mn in the early fruit development. The physic nut fruit requires significant amounts of micronutrients for normal fruit growth. Potassium is the nutrient exported in the greatest amount through a hull.
- Semina-ciencias Agrarias. Londrina: Univ Estadual Londrina, v. 35, n. 6, p. 3003-3014, 2014.
- Univ Estadual Londrina
- Jatropha curcas
- Export by harvest
- Mineral nutrition
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.