Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Haematology and histopathology of Nile tilapia parasitised by Epistylis sp., an emerging pathogen in South America
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 2010/14679-7
- Twenty Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) parasitised by Epistylis sp. were collected for haematological and histopathological analysis. Fish with >400 zooids showed increase in lymphocyte and decrease in neutrophil population (p<0.05), compared to the less parasitised group (<400). Histopathologic analysis showed that Epistylis sp. induces a chronic inflammatory response in the host, possibly provoked by constant contact with the fish skin.
- Bulletin Of The European Association Of Fish Pathologists. Aberdeen: Eur Assoc Fish Pathologists, v. 35, n. 1, p. 14-20, 2015.
- Eur Assoc Fish Pathologists
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.