Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Notes on the reproductive biology of the Brazilian electric ray Narcine brasiliensis (Elasmobranchii: Narcinidae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Zoological Collection, Santa Cecilia University (UNISANTA), Rua Oswaldo Cruz, 266, Boqueirão, CEP 11045-907, Santos, SP, Brazil.
- This study provides information on the reproductive biology of Narcine brasiliensis based on 105 individuals (72 females and 33 males) sampled in São Paulo State, Brazil. The total length at maturity for females was 318·9 mm and for males was 279·8 mm; pregnant females were observed only during summer and autumn. The peak of the gonado-somatic index for females and condition factor for males in the spring suggest a preparation for pregnancy and a mating period during this season. The capture of immature individuals indicates a need for management of the species in this region.
- Journal Of Fish Biology, p. 1-7, 2015.
- The Fisheries Society of the British Isles
- Life cycle
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.