Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Isolation and molecular characterization of Brazilian turkey reovirus from immunosuppressed young poults
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- In this study, we investigated turkey reovirus (TReoV) in tissue samples from young birds, aged 15 days. RT-PCR for TReoV detected 3.3 % positive samples and TReoV was successfully isolated in Vero cells. Histological analysis of positive bursa of Fabricius (BF) revealed atrophied follicles and lymphocyte depletion. The number of CD8+, CD4+ and IgM+ cells was lower in infected BF. Phylogenetic analysis based on S3 gene showed that the Brazilian TReoV isolates clustered in a single group with 98-100 % similarity to TReoV strains circulating in the United States. This is the first indication that TReoV infection may be a contributing factor to immunosuppression in young birds.
- Archives of Virology, v. 159, p. 1453-1457, 2013.
- Medical microbiology
- Infectious diseases
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.