Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Anti-inflammatory drug design by molecular hybridization approach
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Pesquisa (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 2010/12495-6
- FAPESP: 2010/50330-9
- CNPq: 308157/2010-9
- The design of new drugs with better physiochemical properties, adequateabsorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion, effective pharmacologic potency andlacking toxicity remains is a challenge. Inflammation is the initial trigger of severaldifferent diseases, such as Alzheimer s disease, asthma, atherosclerosis, colitis, rheumatoidarthritis, depression, cancer; and disorders such as obesity and sexual dysfunction.Although inflammation is not the direct cause of these disorders, inflammatory processesoften increase related pain and suffering. New anti-inflammatory drugs developed usingmolecular hybridization techniques to obtain multiple-ligand drugs can act at one or multipletargets, allowing for synergic action and minimizing toxicity. This work is a review of newanti-inflammatory drugs developed using the molecular modification approach.
- Pharmaceuticals, v. 4, p. 1450-1474, 2011.
- Mutual prodrug
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.