Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Social networks on the Internet: a practical investigation about file sharing on Facebook
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The social networks on the internet have experienced rapid growth and joined millions of users in Brazil and throughout the world. Such networks allow groups of people to communicate and exchange information. Sharing information in files is also a growing activity on the internet and is done in various ways. However, applications are not yet available to enable file sharing on Facebook, the premier social network today. This study aims to investigate how users use Facebook, and their practices for file sharing. Due to the experimental nature of this research, we opted for a data collection survey, applied over the web. From the data analysis, we have found a frequent use of file sharing, but no interest in paid services. As for Facebook, there was an extensive use of applications. The set of results shows a favourable scenario for applications that allow file sharing on Facebook.
- International Journal of Advanced Operations Management, v. 4, n. 4, p. 297-310, 2012.
- Social network
- Social networking service
- Social software
- Internet file sharing
- File sharing applications
- Information sharing
- Facebook file sharing
- Facebook applications
- File sharing practices
- Information technology
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.