Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The association between follicular size at time of spontaneous rupture and pregnancy rates in clomiphene citrate treated PCOS patients in coit cycles
- Centro de Assistência em Reprodução Humana (GENESIS)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Hospital Regional do Gama
- Universidade Católica de Brasília (UCB)
- Fundação de Ensino e Pesquisa em Ciências da Saúde (FEPECS)
- Objective: To investigate the follicular size at spontaneous rupture on pregnancy rate in patientswith polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) undergoing clomiphene citrate (CC) ovulation.Design: Cross-sectional study.Patients and methods: One hundred and four women with ovulatory cycles after use of CCfollowed by ultrasound to determine the follicle size at the time of rupture, which wassubsequently correlated with the occurrence of pregnancy or not in coit cycles.Results: In the group of follicular rupture at a mean diameter25 mm (n¼54), pregnancy ratewas 35.1% and when follicular rupture occurred at a mean diameter425 mm (n¼50), it was34% (p40.05). When different diameters at follicular rupture were randomly correlated with thepregnancy rate, there was no significant difference.Conclusion: Our data suggest that the occurrence of pregnancy after ovulation induction withCC in women with PCOS is not associated with follicle size at the time of rupture.
- Gynecological Endocrinology, v. 18, p. 1-4, 2015.
- Anovulatory infertility
- Clomiphene citrate
- Follicular size
- Pregnancy rate
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.