Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A matheuristic for the selection of beam directions and dose distribution in radiotherapy planning
- Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR)
- Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná (UTFPR)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- University of Portsmouth
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- In this paper a matheuristic using a combined Genetic Algorithm (GA) and exact method approach is proposed for selecting the position of the beams and dose distribution in Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy Planning (IMRT). GA selects a set of beams, for which the dose distribution is determined in the process of the GA’s evaluation, using an optimisation model that is solved by an Interior Point method. Two instances are used to evaluate the performance of the matheuristic, comparing to the optimum solution, in terms of solution and computation time, found using the exact methodology of Branch and Bound. The results show that the matheuristic is appropriate to this problem in the case study proposed, as it is extremely faster than the exact method and also have reached the optimum solution in several experiments done.
- Journal of Physics. Conference Series, v. 616, p. 1-10, 2015.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.