Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Genus: Strelitzia
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco (UFRPE)
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)
- This review aimed to show the importance of Strelitzia in Floriculture. The genus named after the duchy of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, birthplace of Queen Charlotte of United Kingdom. A commom name of the genus is bird of paradise flower, because of a supposed resemblance of its flowers to the bird of paradise. In this context, it is currently a growing interest in exotic cultures, with tropical characteristics, such as species of the family Strelitziaceae. Thus, it was observed that the production of agricultural activity, Strelitzia is one of increasing social and economic importance in the world.
- Journal of Horticulture and Forestry, v. 4, n. 11, p. 178-180, 2012.
- Cut flower
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.