Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Starch accumulation in cassava roots: spatial and temporal distribution
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- The relationship between starch and morpho-physiology aspects of cassava plant has not been identified. Considering this aspects, the present study showed the temporal and spatial distribution of starch grains in storage roots of cassava, variety IAC 576-70 with 90 and 120 days after planting. From these evaluations, a concentration of starch around the secondary xylem vessels of the cassava tuberous roots was observed, which may be related to the movement of organic solutes in the xylem vessels, water flow and the occurrence of the symptoms of the physiological deterioration in these roots.
- African Journal of Agricultural Research, v. 8, n. 46, p. 5712-5712, 2013.
- Manihot esculenta Crantz.
- Histochemical test
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.