Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Prevalence of <i>Xanthomonas euvesicatoria</i> on Pepper in Brazil
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Bacterial spot, caused by Xanthomonas spp., is one of the major diseases ofpepper in Brazil, causing considerable losses to crop productivity. The efﬁcient management of the disease is hampered by the high variability ofthe causal agents. In Brazil, there is no knowledge of which species of Xanthomonas occurs on pepper. In this study, 59 strains of Xanthomonasspp. isolated from different pepper-producing regions of Brazil were characterized by biochemical and molecular techniques. Results showed theprevalence of X. euvesicatoria as the causal agent of bacterial spot onpepper in Brazil.
- Journal of Phytopathology, v. 162, p. 1050-1054, 2014.
- Blackwell Verlag GmbH
- Bacterial spot
- Biochemical and molecularcharacterization
- Capsicum annuum
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.