Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Breeding potential of maize composite Isanao VF1 in small spacing in the second growing season
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The purpose of this study was to verify the breeding potential of the maize composite Isanao VF1 in the second growing season. One hundred and fifty half-sib progenies were evaluated of spacing of 0.45 m, densities of 57,778 and 80,000 plants ha(-1), in a randomized block design with three replications. Gains of 16.0 and 19.2% were estimated for grain Yield, H. I and 10.5% for prolificacy and 12.3 and 12.9% for ear height, respectively, at 57,778 and 80,000 plants ha(-1). The heritabilities for plant height, ear height and grain yield were 65.2 and 61.3%, 64.3 and 66.9% and 53.5 and 63.3%, respectively, confirming the potential for breeding at both densities. The absence of progeny by density interaction indicates that no further selection programs are necessary. The occurrence of segregation for modifier genes for height suggests stabilizing selection based on ear height.
- Crop Breeding and Applied Biotechnology. Vicosa-mg: Brazilian Soc Plant Breeding, v. 8, n. 1, p. 56-64, 2008.
- Brazilian Soc Plant Breeding
- plant arrangement
- Sowing density
- genetic variation
- Genetic parameter
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.