Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Respostas hematológicas em tuvira após anestesia com diferentes concentrações de óleo de cravo
- Hematological responses in tuvira after clove oil anesthesia at different concentrations
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fac Anhanguera Dourados
- Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR)
- Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária (EMBRAPA)
- The hematological responses in tuvira (Gymnotus aff. inaequilabiatus) after clove oil anesthesia at different concentrations were evaluated in this study. Fish (n = 25) with average length of 26.8 +/- 2.4 cm and weighing 94.4 +/- 23.6 g were separated in five groups composed with five animals each and submitted individually to respective concentrations of clove oil: 40, 80, 120, 160 and 200 mg L-1. After anesthetic recuperation, the blood samples collection were performed, as well as complete hemogram. The results were submitted to analysis of variance, Tukey test (P<0.05) and Sperman's correlation analysis. There was an increase (P<0.05) on hematocrit, red blood cells count, thrombocytes count and in the values of neutrophils with increasing of clove oil concentrations. In addition, positive correlation (P<0.05) were observed on total leukocytes, as well as negative linear correlation (P<0.05) for mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC). The clove oil anesthesia on tuvira cause hematological changes with an effect dose-dependent. These changes should be considered mainly in future studies designed to establish the reference values of hematologic variables for this specie.
- Boletim do Instituto de Pesca. São Paulo: Inst Pesca, v. 38, n. 3, p. 181-188, 2012.
- Inst Pesca
- Alternative anesthetic
- fish hematology
- live bait
- Gymnotus aff. inaequilabiatus
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.