Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ostrich (Struthio camellus) carcass yield and meat quality parameters
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This article aimed at compiling recent studies on the main factors that influence ostrich meat quality and carcass yield. Few articles investigated the effect of subspecies, which generally are not even mentioned. There are important dietary effects, particularly those caused by dietary protein to energy ratio. Rigor mortis follow-up studies showed that there are no losses in meat quality when carcasses are hot-deboned. Age at slaughter influences some meat quality traits, such as tenderness and lipid content. Few effects of gender have been observed, and at the same age at slaughter, both male and female present the same meat quality traits.
- Revista Brasileira de Ciência Avícola. Fundação APINCO de Ciência e Tecnologia Avícolas, v. 9, n. 4, p. 215-220, 2007.
- Fundação APINCO de Ciência e Tecnologia Avícolas
- Carcass yield
- meat quality
- ostrich production
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.