Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Osteopontin in Seminal Plasma and Sperm Membrane of Dogs
- Univ Franca
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Londrina (UEL)
- The objective of this work was to describe the presence of osteopontin (OPN) in canine seminal plasma and sperm membranes. A pool of seminal plasma and sperm membrane extract from 30 dogs was used. Polyacrylamide electrophoresis gels were performed and the bands were transferred to nitrocellulose paper and Western blot was undertaken using an antibody anti-OPN. Two and 12 bands were marked in the seminal plasma (77.2 and 15.6 kDa) and sperm membrane extracts (70.6-26.6 kDa), respectively. However, from 12 marked bands in the sperm membrane extract, only three (46.4, 37.7 and 36.5 kDa) were strongly marked. We conclude that, seminal plasma and sperm membranes from dogs contain different isoforms of OPN; yet, further studies will be necessary to determine their function in this species.
- Reproduction In Domestic Animals. Malden: Wiley-blackwell Publishing, Inc, v. 44, p. 283-286, 2009.
- Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Inc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.