Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Methods of Concentrating Stallion Semen
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Removal of excess seminal plasma is sometimes necessary to increase the quality and the longevity of cooled equine semen; moreover, this procedure is an indispensable step aiming to concentrate the sperm cells before freezing equine semen. Typically, the removal of seminal plasma is achieved by centrifugation; however, studies have shown that the force and duration of centrifugation can damage sperm cells and reduce the sperm recovery rate. Recently, new methodologies, such as cushion and filtration, have been described that aim to decrease the mechanical damage of centrifugation to sperm cells. This study aims to compare different methods for concentrating stallion semen.
- Journal of Equine Veterinary Science. New York: Elsevier B.V., v. 32, n. 8, p. 424-429, 2012.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Seminal plasma
- Semen concentration methods
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.