Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Efficiency of Matricaria chamomilla CH12 and number of doses of rabies vaccine on the humoral immune response in cattle
- Universidade do Oeste Paulista (UNOESTE)
- Instituto Butantan
- Agência Paulista de Tecnologia dos Agronegócios (APTA)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This study evaluated the effect of Matricaria chamomilla and vaccination frequency on cattle immunization against rabies. Four groups (n = 15/group) were treated with or without Matricaria chamomilla CH12 and vaccinated with one or two doses of rabies vaccine (30 day interval). No effect of chamomile was found on cattle immunization against rabies; however, antibody titers were protective in cattle vaccinated twice, while 93.3% of cattle vaccinated only once had titers under 0.5 UI/ml after 60 days. In conclusion, the use of chamomile did not alter the Immoral immune response in cattle, and two vaccine doses are suggested for achieving protective antibody titers.
- Journal of Veterinary Science. Seoul: Korean Soc Veterinary Science, v. 9, n. 4, p. 433-435, 2008.
- Korean Society Veterinary Science
- immune response
- Matricaria chamomilla
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.