Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A liquid phase blocking ELISA for the detection of antibodies against infectious bronchitis virus
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Merial Laboratories
- A liquid phase blocking ELISA (LPB-ELISA) was developed for the detection and measurement of antibodies against infectious bronchitis virus (IBV). The purified and nonpurified virus used as antigen, the capture and detector antibodies, and the chicken hyperimmune sera were prepared and standardized for this purpose. A total of 156 sera from vaccinated and 100 from specific pathogen-free chickens with no recorded contact with the virus were tested. The respective serum titers obtained in the serum neutralization test (SNT) were compared with those obtained in the LPB-ELISA. There was a high correlation (r2 = 0.8926) between the two tests. The LPB-ELISA represents a single test suitable for the rapid detection of antibodies against bronchitis virus in chicken sera, with good sensitivity (88%), specificity (100%) and agreement (95.31%).
- Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research. Associação Brasileira de Divulgação Científica, v. 32, n. 6, p. 747-752, 1999.
- Associação Brasileira de Divulgação Científica (ABRADIC)
- liquid phase blocking ELISA
- humoral response
- infectious bronchitis virus
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.